Welcome to the Year 3 Class Page. My name is Miss Casey and I am the class teacher alongside our support staff, Mrs. Whitaker and Mrs. Webster.
In Year Three we strive to further develop our learning, rise to new challenges and enhance our progress throughout the year using engaging curriculum topics and exciting lessons that encourage the children to be curious, critical and creative thinkers.
Strong links between home and school is essential to ensure your child’s success. For that reason we have systems in place to encourage open lines of communication such as Class Dojo. Please feel free to contact me at anytime via the school office, Class Dojo or the Year 3 entrance on a morning and an evening.
Other Key Information
- Times Tables Rockstars- The school has purchased TTrockstars which is a website based on aiding children’s development in mental maths and times tables. I encourage each child to use the website as much as possible when they are at home. Each pupil has a unique log-on and password via their Wonde login so they can access this site at home and so progress and development can be tracked in school. There is also the opportunity for competition as they can challenge their friends and see who is the fastest.
- Reading – I encourage as much reading as possible; reading of fiction and non-fiction, as well as poetry with your child will inspire them and broaden their knowledge. If possible, please set aside as much time as you can for your child to read independently or with a family member each night.
- Please note – a comment with a page number and signature should be made every time a child reads at home.
- Homework – Homework is given out in homework books on Friday’s and should be returned the following Wednesday. Please encourage and help your child complete their homework and leave a comment and/or signature. Please note – homework will include spellings.
- P.E. – Children should have an appropriate P.E. kit in school on a Wednesday. Children can come to school in their PE kit on this day. Please note that we will try to complete sessions outdoors as much as possible so it is recommended that children always have appropriate clothing for all types of weather
Year Three Curriculum topics: