Welcome to our class page. In Foundation the adults that help to support the children are Mrs. Waddington, Mrs. Chadwick and Mrs. Adamczyk.
Foundation Stage helps us to settle into school, be happy, make friends and begin our primary school journey. In our setting the children have lots of fun whilst learning and work hard. The adults support learning through modelling, playing alongside the children and through planned activities.
The areas of learning are as follows:
- Communication and Language,
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
We follow the Floppy Phonics program which helps our children with their sounds, letter recognition, language and the skills they need to begin their reading journey. Our reading books link to the scheme and with your support we aim to enable all our children to become confident readers who love to immerse themselves in books. The children receive 2 sheets to take home to practice for homework each week which will focus on the sounds taught in class.
Book of the Week
Each week we share our ‘Book of the Week’ as a class which helps promote language and vocabulary. We use this book to provide cross-curricular opportunities such as topic and creative.
The Write Stuff in the Early Years
To support with our writing we use The Write Stuff created by Jane Considine. This helps with vocabulary, language, thinking and writing. We use the EYFS Rainbow which is built around three tiers-
- Tier 1- The Fantastics
- Tier 2- The Catalytics
- Tier 3- The Realistics
We really enjoy when Mr. Fantastic visits us with new vocabulary words that are in his basket.
We use the Power Maths for Reception to support our Maths learning. We do this through short whole class bursts of learning and then allow the children to practice the skills in the areas of provision.
- Our PE day is on a Friday. On this day the children are to come to school in their PE kit for the full day (uniform will not be needed on this day)
- We need a reading folder/ bag every day. Please check this daily as it may have important letters or information placed inside. When returning any letters to school please can these be handed to an adult at the door or to the school office.
- We need a water bottle with fresh water every day. Please note we are only allowed water in school. Please can we ask that water bottles are clearly labelled with your child’s name?
- Please can we ask that you pick your child’s dinner using the Live Kitchen app. (The office can offer support with this)
- Homework is sent home on a Friday. Please can you send a picture of homework via dojos and store the worksheets at home in the folder provided.
- Reading books will be sent home on a Monday and are to be brought back to school on a Friday. Please can we ask that a comment is placed in the yellow reading record each time that the child reads at home. If possible please can you read with your child each day?
- We use dojos so you can see your child’s achievements each day at school. You can contact the class teacher by messaging on dojos. Please note this is monitored during school hours.
- The school newsletter is shared on a Friday