Upon assessing our pupils on entry to school we aim to provide:
- A curriculum that is rich in language and where reading is central to all that we do.
- A reading scheme that enables pupils to read independently, fluently and with increasing understanding.
- A reading scheme that enables pupils to understand and build upon the technical vocabulary which they will need to achieve well across the curriculum.
- To use a good quality phonics programme that is taught with consistency and fidelity.
- To develop a love of reading across school.
- To ensure progress and momentum in early reading and writing which continues into Key Stage 2.
- To provide a curriculum that is ambitious for all including Pupil Premium, SEN and EAL pupils
- EYFS outcomes increase by in CLC.
- Phonics outcomes at Yr. 1 PSC to be in line with or above average.
- All pupils to make good progress from their starting points to the end of Key Stage 1.
- Key Stage 2 – the pupils are ready and able to access fully a well-planned knowledge based curriculum in which they can apply their skills.
- All pupils make good progress from Key Stage 1 to the end of Key Stage 2.
- Pupils enjoy coming to school to learn and attendance is in line with or above national average.
- The gap between all pupils and pupil premium pupils is narrowing.
- Progress can be seen in books across school.