Hello and welcome to the Year 5 class page!
My name is Mr Harris and I am very excited to be teaching Year 5 again this year along with Miss Webster and Mrs Cambridge. We hope to promote a happy class, who have a love for learning, and build friendships with each other and enjoy their time within school.
We are extremely excited to be helping your children grow, learn and develop at the start of Upper Key Stage 2. As you know Year Five is all about hard-work, effort, determination and team-work as we prepare for Year 6. This year is about your child developing everything they have learnt so far in order to help them tackle the learning challenges ahead.
Attendance and completion of homework is paramount this year if we are to reach our full potential. Therefore, it is important for you to try and encourage full participation in all homework activities.
If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- PE will take place on a Monday Afternoons in school. Children should come to school wearing the schools PE kit and trainers. On Friday, Year 5 go swimming. Children should bring their swimming kit to school in a bag.
- Homework is given out every Friday and must be completed by the following Wednesday.
- Reading is extremely important and you should listen to your child read on a daily basis and record what they have read in their Reading Book Record.
- Class Dojo is an opportunity for you to see what your child has been learning so please make sure you are signed up to this. I often send out updates through Class Dojo.
- Water bottles should be brought on a daily basis.
Year 5 Staff
HLTA (Tue & Fri afternoons)