Welcome to the Year Six page! I am Miss Housecroft and I am extremely excited to be helping your children grow, learn and develop at the end of their learning journey in Primary School. As you know Year Six is all about hard-work, effort, determination and team-work as we prepare for high school. This year is about your child utilising everything they have learnt in order to help them over-come the learning challenges ahead. . As this is the final year of primary school we aim to make it as memorable and possible so play, exploration, developing confidence, growth mind-set and curiosity are things that we will be working on this year.
Attendance and completion of homework is paramount this year if we are to reach our full potential. Therefore, it is important for you to try and encourage full participation in all homework activities.
If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch or you are more than welcome to attend the weekly parents mornings that are held each week.
- PE will take place on a Tuesday afternoon and Friday morning. PE kits can be brought to school on a Monday and taken home on a Friday.
- Homework is given out every Friday and must be completed by the following Wednesday. I
- Reading is extremely important and you should listen to your child read on a daily basis and record what they have read in their Reading Book Record.
- Class Dojo is an opportunity for you to see what your child has been learning so please make sure you are signed up to this.
- Water bottles should be brought on a daily basis.
Websites to support your child's learning:
Below is a link to a summary of the curriculum for the current term
NEWS COMING SOON........