Sports Premium Funding
The Government has given every Primary School funding to develop Physical Education and competitive sport. In our school we are using this funding by working with a series of professional partners including our feeder high school, St, Wilfrid’s Catholic High School and Sixth Form College, Provision Sports.
Sports specialist teachers and coaches are working alongside class teachers in lessons and also with provision sports for after school clubs. In this way, our children are gaining new skills and experiences and teachers are learning new techniques and knowledge to aid their professional development in teaching sport and PE. St Wilfrids are in partnership with the five towns games which entitles the school to enter a whole range of games and competitions throughout the year . Alongside this, we also take part in the skipping festival on a yearly basis (Y2 and Y4). In school we have professional sports coaches that provide support and development for staff in sporting areas to ensure children get the most out of their P.E sessions. Change4life are also involved in supporting our school in health, education and sport.
- Increase the amount of competition sport in which our children participate;
- Make links to other community sports providers;
- Develop additional clubs and activities for children, outside the curriculum;
- Encourage our children to improve their leadership skills through sport;
- Give extra support in PE to our more able and talented children and include those with special needs in sport;
- Focus on supporting Pupil Premium pupils to benefit by supporting their attendance at after school clubs.
The list of activities can be found via the link below: